WeTrust.org is a safe shopping search and directory for web sites that have secure shopping facilities.
Internet shopping has been growing at a phenomenal rate and is set to increase further, however, when purchasing goods over the Internet customers seek safe & secure sites, identifying these by secure logos, such as WeTrust.
The main reason preventing some visitors from purchasing goods online is not recognising the security features used by sites or not trusting them. By having the WeTrust logo you could overcome this fear and enable customers who are visiting your site for the first time to feel sufficiently confident to make a purchase.
Membership of WeTrust provides the following key advantages for your business:
- Increased sales
- Reduce marketing cost
- Increased website popularity
- Increased customer satisfaction
- Increased confidence and trust in your site
- Low cost advertising
- Excellent internet presence
As a member you will benefit from the WeTrust logo and live electronic certificate provided by WeTrust.org. To become an approved member of WeTrust.org your site must have secure shopping facilities, a digital certificate (such as Thawte, Geotrust, etc).
Your site must satisfy the following conditions:
- Your site must have a secure server with valid digital certificate so it can encrypt all customer personal information, including credit card information.By having a secure server, your site will be using technologies such as SSL (Secure Socket Layer) or SET (Secure Electronic Transmission) ensuring that sensitive information such as personal details passed between your customer’s computer and your computer cannot be read by a third party.
Visitors to your site should be able to see that this technology is in place by seeing the locked padlock when reaching the order page, as illustrated below:
2. Visitors should be able to see “https” at the start of the address bar on their browser when completing your order form page. The “s” in “https”stands for secure.